The Ministry of Commerce has carried out 2000 Inspection Tours to Control the Sanitary Ware that Violate the Rationalization of Water Consumption

29 Jul 2020


The Ministry of Commerce had carried out 2,031 inspection tours on companies, establishments and outlets selling sanitary ware in all regions of the Kingdom, during the last week, to verify the commitment of the establishments in placing Water Consumption Rationalization Labels on the offered sanitary ware. Failure to place such labels leads to imposing penalties in accordance with the Anti-Commercial Fraud Law.

These inspection tours come in line with the implementation of the technical regulations relevant to rationalizing water consumption, and to verify the commitment of the establishments with such regulations, aiming to protect the consumers. This campaign has been carried out in cooperation and coordination with the relevant authorities, namely: The Ministry of Energy, the Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources, the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture, the Saudi Stands, Metrology and Quality Organization, the General Authority for Customs, and the National Water Company.

The said concerned authorities are working to implement the requirements of the technical regulations for water rationalization in the Kingdom, so that the consumer can view the efficiency rates of rationalizing water consumption of the product easily and simply.

The Ministry of Commerce, in accordance with its terms of reference, is monitoring and controlling the compliance of establishments and outlets, selling sanitary ware, with the approved standard specifications, besides responding to the consumers’ reports and complaints against the establishments that are not committed to placing the requested labels on the products specified in the technical regulations for water rationalization devices, such as water mixers, water taps, toilets, shower water mixers, bidet mixers, urinals. All consumers can communicate with MC through the Consumer Call Center (1900), or through the application of a Commercial Violation Report, or via the Ministry’s website.

Add comments

Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Last Modified 31 Jul 2020