MC Deputy Ministry for Planning and Development is responsible for providing the best innovative and appropriate solutions to improve and enhance the Ministry's capabilities to achieve its strategic and operational objectives, also to have short and long term operational plans, as well as to diversify its tracks according to the best standards and practices used globally, besides making assessment about how far are these plans used or adopted, more over to deal and interact with the latest developments in that regard, taking into consideration the principle of flexibility while dealing or changing such plans, in addition to carry out constant evaluation that would contribute to the achievement of the desired goals, finally developing alternative plans to deal and face various crises or circumstances.
- Supervise developing strategic plans for the Ministry's activities in cooperation and coordination with the Ministry of Economy and Planning.
- Supervise the preparation of studies to determine the strategic orientations of the Ministry, also building strategic partnerships with the government and private sectors.
- Activate strategic partnerships with the public and private sectors, research centers, associations and non-profit institutions to achieve the desired objectives.
- Supervise making regulatory studies, developing work methods and internal processes, simplifying procedures, designing forms and preparing guides.
- Administrative supervision on the administrative departments associated with the Deputy Ministry by making the necessary coordination among them, so as to ensure integration of their activities and maximize the use and exploitation of the available resources.
- Supervise the upgrading of the institutional excellence in the Ministry.
- Supervise the upgrading of partnership with all private institutions and government agencies in order to develop and implement efficient and effective legislation for trade and investment.
- Supervise making statistical studies for the commercial activities.
- Supervise the collection and classification of information and statistical indicators related to trade and investment activities.
- Supervise the determination and activation of e-government requirements and keeping the Ministry's documents.
- Supervise the preparation and implementation of studies to improve the performance of the Ministry.
- Developing operational plans for the development of internal operations of the Ministry.
- Provide support and advice to other sections and departments relevant to planning issues and identify their suitability with strategic objectives.
- Identify and determine the Deputy Ministry need of manpower, equipment and materials, and take the necessary procedures for providing that.
- Prepare periodic reports on the Deputy Ministry's activities, achievements and the encountered problems and propose programs for performance development.
- Evaluate the performance of the Deputy Ministry employees and identify their training needs in coordination with the relevant departments and prepare the necessary recommendations regarding their employment status
- Any other tasks assigned to the Deputy Ministry within its competence.